This course concentrates on the hydraulic principles involved with the use of industrial hydraulic equipment, theory of operation and promoting safe use. At the end of this course attendees will have gained a thorough understanding of hydraulic principles and how they relate to the use of hydraulic equipment. Attendees will have a comprehensive understanding of hydraulic tooling operation on completion.
Who Should Attend?
Engineers and Technicians involved with industrial hydraulic equipment.
- Introduction – Health and Safety Policy – System Isolations / COSHH
- Hydraulic Principles – Pascal’s Law
- Force and Pressure (Hydraulic Flow)
- Phases of Matter and Fluid Mechanics
- Hydraulic Circuits and Components
- Generation Components – Pumps (Hand and Driven)
- Accumulators – Theory of Operation
- Hydraulic Actuators – Linear and Rotary
- Cylinders – Single, Double and Differential Area
- Cylinder Applications – Hydraulic Torque Wrenches
- Hydraulic Monitoring and Control
- Pressure Measurement
- Torque Pump Signal and Flow Control
- Filters and Strainers
- Servo Valves – Theory of Operation
- Hydraulic Pressure Regulation
- Hydraulic Distribution – Couplings, Fittings, Hoses and Pipework
- Hydraulic Schematics and ISO Symbols
- Course Completion and Feedback