One of the onsite machining training courses delivered by our OSM Training Provider H&S Tool; covering in-situ machining techniques in cutting and weld preparation of pipework using Portable Machine Tools.
Who Should Attend?
Candidates with relevant previous machining experience, as well as candidates with a basic mechanical background preferably in pipe fitting and mechanical fitting.
- Course and trainer introduction
- Safety Overview to identify the hazards and risks involved with onsite pipe cutting and bevelling
- AFC Clamshell operation presentation
- AFC Clamshell Pipe cut and weld preparation document
- Exercise to correctly identify the equipment required to carry out a pipe cut and weld preparation operation
- Group discussion and day 1 overview
- Technicians to perform a pipe cut and weld preparation under trainer supervision
- Weld exaction mock up demonstration
- Technicians to perform a weld excavation under trainer supervision
- Knowledge test
- Course overview and debrief