Price: £550.00 + VAT
This course concentrates on the skilled performance expected of persons trained to dismantle, inspect, prepare, assemble and tighten flanged and clamp connector pipe joints using hand, hydraulic torque and tensioning equipment.
The course is assessed through written tests, practical observations and exercises. Successful completion results in an ECITB MJI10/18/19 certificate, valid for 12 months. Within 12 months work based task assignments need to be completed and technical competence validation test TMJI 10/18/19 taken. Delegates need not do all 3 TMJI tests, they can be selective if needed, but only a TMJI cert in the respective test will be issued if successful.
Who Should Attend
Engineers/Technicians who will be involved in the use of hand, hydraulic torque and tensioning equipment.
The new technical training standards and 4 Stage Mechanical Joint Integrity Training and Competency Model by ECITB:
- MJI10 – Hand Torque Bolted Connections – Dismantle, prepare and secure hand torque bolted connections.
- MJI18 – Hydraulically Tension Bolted Connections – Dismantling, assemble and tension bolted connections using hydraulic tensioning equipment.
- MJI19 – Dismantling, Assembling and Tightening Bolted Connections – Dismantle, assemble and tighten bolted connections using powered torque equipment
Work Based Task Assignments
A new approach to the workplace consolidation of knowledge has been developed; Work Based Task Assignments. Each assignment lists the activities to be undertaken by the learner and validated by the supervisor.
Three work based task assignments have been approved by the ECITB:
• Dismantle, Assemble and Hand Torque Bolted Connections
• Dismantle, Assemble and Hydraulically Tension Bolted Connections
• Dismantle, Assemble and Hydraulically Torque Bolted Connections
The task assignments are normally completed between three to twelve months after the initial training course and the learner can then undertake an ECITB approved Technical Test.
Technical Testing with an associated ECITB certificate of achievement plays a key role in validating an Individual’s skill, ability and job knowledge in a specific task area. Each test consists of a knowledge test and practical activity test against identified test criteria and are grant aided for ECITB registered employers:
There are five ECITB approved Technical Tests covering the mechanical joint integrity:
• TMJI10 Dismantle, Assemble and Hand Torque Flanged Joints – 1.5 hours duration
• TMJI11 Dismantle, Assemble and Hand Torque Clamp Connectors – 1.5 hours duration
• TMJI18 Dismantle, Assemble and Tensioning Bolted Connections (Hydraulic Tensioning) – 1.5 hours duration
• TMJI 19 Dismantle, Assemble and Hydraulically Torque Flanged Joints– 1.5 hours duration
• TMJI 20 Dismantle, Assemble and Hydraulically Torque Clamp Connector Joints– 1.5 hours duration