Price: £320.00 + VAT
This course covers specifications, methods, processes, techniques and procedures for using hydraulic torque wrenches. It will explain how to remove components from hydraulic torque bolted connection systems, how to replace, reassemble securely and verify the integrity of assembled joints.
The course is assessed through written tests, practical observations and exercises. Successful completion results in an ECITB MJI19 certificate, which is valid for 12 months. Within 12 months, work based task assignments need to be completed and technical competence validation test TMJI19 taken.
Who Should Attend
Engineers/Technicians who will be involved in the use of hydraulic torque wrenches and joints.
- Introduction to MJI19
- Pre-work risk assessment
- Basic history of bolting
- Design and classification
- Torque wrench types
- Product containment
- Torque equation
- Flange tightening
- Health and safety, and approved working practices
- Prepare work area for the assembly and tightening of bolted connections using hydraulic torque equipment
- Prepare equipment
- Prepare materials
- Assemble bolted connections
- Tighten bolts using hydraulic torque equipment
- How to check the integrity of the assembled bolted connection
- Reinstate the workplace#
- Test and evaluation
Verify the integrity of the assembled joint